Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A LITTLE ABOUT ME!!!

Dora the Explorer is a half-hour television series which airs on NickJr. The show is mainly for preschoolers but can entertain children of all ages. Dora is a 7 year old Latina girl who explores "her world" with her viewers. She engages her viewers with play-along episodes teaching preschoolers how to observe situations and solve problems. Along the way, kids learn basic Spanish words and phrases, as well as math skills, music, and physical coordination. Dora asks questions throughout the show and pauses as if she is listening to the answers given by the kids. The show is highly interactive and can actually teach your child in the process of keeping them entertained... this helps me get the housework done!
http://www.nickjr.com/shows/dora/parenting_features/dora_behind.jhtml

2 comments:

Tina C. said...

This is a great kids show! When my now kindergartener was 4 and I was started college full time on-line, Dora was my best friend. I didn't feel so bad having her watch this education show while I was busy studying!

Tina

Neeshay Hale said...

Tina,
Thanks for visiting the site. And that's exactly how I feel. When my son is watching TV it give me time to study and do some quick housework. NOW I HAVE A NEWBORN. I'm not going to school this summer because right now it's hard getting my work done with his demands and my 3 year old son's. I'll see how this works out in the fall.

Neeshay